Monday, August 1, 2011

Treasured Time with Family

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
   for you are God my Savior,
   and my hope is in you all day long. 
Psalm 25:4-5

Happy Monday to you my friends.  I had a good week as my sister-in-law and brother-in-law were visiting.  They stayed in a cottage nearby which was right on the ocean.  It was hard for them to leave.  You can probably see why from the picture below.  I took this on their porch at sunset.  There's an expression, Maine, the way life should be.  Here's an example!!



I love the way this vase of flowers came out.  We set it on the porch rail as the sun was going down, just beautiful (I think).


Check out the collection of sea glass they gathered over the week.  


Doesn't everyone look happy!  My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, husband, daughter and grandchildren. 



We went to a nearby antique shop while she was here and I snagged a somewhat vintage table runner made of oilcloth.  Would you believe the price on it was 50 cents.  That's right!  I upcycled it into a simple tote bag to carry her Maine treasures in.  There's enough fabric left over to make one for myself.  Take a look.



Do you like the goose?  He's making good use of himself holding the new tote bag.  My husband carved and painted the goose for me before we were married.  I've always treasured it.  I'll have to show you a full picture of him sometime. 

I want to show you a sneak peek of my project for this week's Bible Verse Thursday.  I'm still making use of my goodie package from my friend Esther at Shoregirl's Creations

Sneak Peek at Bible Verse Thursday Project
I'm linking my tote bag to the Craft Catwalk.

I'll leave you today with one of my favorite Maine postcards.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Free Vintage Postcard

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Such fun to have family visit. But also hard to see them leave. Looking forward to the Scripture unveiling.

Still praying for Luke and his momma.

Shore Girl said...

Love your pictures -- especially the first two. So peaceful and relaxing.
Family visits are the highlight of my year - glad you had a good time with yours.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

HOw beautiful Maine is, and the sea at dusk is breathtaking. We visited Maine once in 1994 - it was in June and I remember the temperature was so perfect. Probably not a typical summer this year though! I love the oilcloth bag you made.

Shelley said...

Sounds and looks wonderful...what a memento the glass with be...blessings