Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks…...She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy...…She is clothed with strength and dignity...…She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...…She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness...…Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her...…Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  Proverbs 31 excerpts




All that I am or hope to be I owe to my angel mother.
I remember my mother’s prayers
and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
~ Abraham Lincoln ~





Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
Not blest of my ancestors - but,
I have a mother who prays.

I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me - 
I have a mother who prays.

Some have worldly success
And trust in riches they've made - 
This is my surest asset,
I have a mother who prays.

My mother's prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But mother introduced me to Someone - 
Someone who never could fail.

Oh yes..I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me - 
I have a mother who prays.
Author Unknown

 


Happy Mother's Day my friends.  Trusting that you all will have blessings today.  Often a day like this brings sadness for children who are with the Lord, children you desired that you were not able to have, children you are physically or emotionally separated from, or mourning the loss of your own mother.  Whatever place you are in, I pray that you have peace on this day and know that God loves you more than you can comprehend. 
For those that have stuck with this post to the end, I have a mini announcement, which I'll probably mention later in the week.  I have started a facebook page Little Birdie Blessings for Moms.  As a mom and grandmother, I have a heart for moms and their children.  I want to do what I can to encourage them so have made this area where I'll post information I think will be helpful. In Titus 2 we're told the older women should instruct the younger women how to love their husbands and children. I feel this is one of the ways I can do that.   Would love to have you stop by and visit.  Feel free to “Like” it if it’s something you’re interested in following.   ~ Abby

 Click here for SCRIPTURE THURSDAY

8 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Mother's Day Abby,

congrats on your new FB page.

Beautiful images, Love these Mother and Roses ones.
Laura

Natalie said...

You are a blessing to me! Happy Mother's Day, Abby. Have a wonderful day.

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful post! I am truly blessed to have found you because you are such an encouragement to me! I don't have facebook, but if I did, I'd like you! God Bless!

Jan Marie said...

What a sweet blessing you are, Abby! I have "liked" your page and am thankful for the ministry that you are taking to the next level. . .may the Lord give you wisdom, grace and perseverance and many, many blessings as you strive to encourage and guide others along the paths of biblical womanhood!

Becky Green said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Abby!!!!!! It's SAD I think as there are MANY women who don't have the instruction of a woman. In the church or the family!(Many times, not because there is no woman, but no instruction! One part of that instruction where women REALLY LACK these days, is modesty!That wanting to be accepted or be like everyone else....) I wish you well in your adventures on Facebook. (I don't do facebook but if I did, I'd "like" you! ) :)

Linda M. said...

Abby, Wishing you a wonderful mother's day too! Thanks for all your great images and inspiring words. I'm going to check out your FB page. Joyous Wishes, Linda

Noelle the dreamer said...

Happy Mum's Day Abby!
Here is wishing all your loved ones are celebrating YOU!!
Hugs,

Debra Kapellakis said...

You encourage and Bless me with your blog, praise the Lord.