Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ladies Day with Beth Moore

I recently had an opportunity to have some of my Bible Study ladies in my home for the day to watch a live, Beth Moore Simulcast.   Since we have been studying one of the Bible studies she's written,  "Living Beyond Yourself", we thought it would be fun watching Beth live. 

During the first break in the program, I broke out the paper-crafts, since we are a crafty bunch.  I had pre-printed the Fruit of the Spirit verses to make collages and provided the ladies with everything they'd need.  You can see from the pictures below, they take their crafts seriously. 





Here are a couple of the collages that we made.  If you like the free graphic used in the collages, I originally found it on Pinterest, and traced it to **here**.    If you'd like to see a brief recap of the simulcast, you can view it here on Vimeo **here**



The next photo is of two sweet young women.  Sarah on the left with her little guy, and my daughter Bethany on the right.   They had a great time, and look so happy here. 



Beth Moore spoke a lot about GRACE and read a poem that she had written.

Grace ~ by Beth Moore


Grace is an inflated raft that can submerge to the floor of a sea to save you.

Grace is the silver thread that stitches up the shreds of mangled souls.
Grace is the eye that finds us where it refuses, there, to leave us.

you can find the poem in full on her blog **here**.  I'd encourage you to read it.  She's a very gifted writer, teacher, and speaker. 

Thanks to all of you who are visiting today either by coming directly to the blog, Little Birdie Blessings, or for the many of you that subscribe by email.   I hope you have a blessed day.

Linking with:  Monday's Musings,



10 comments:

Karen Conner said...

I LOVE Beth Moore! Her studies are always life changing for me! I know you gals had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing.

Vee said...

Many of the ladies in my church are attending a weekly Bible Study using a Beth Moore video. I declined. Probably shouldn't have. Sigh.

Beautiful collages!

Vee said...

Yes, this study is on the fruits of the spirit.

Conniecrafter said...

Our ladies bible study have done quite a few of her studies but not that one yet. How neat to have everyone over and do a craft also :)

Stephanie said...

Dear Abby, the words on grace struck a chord in my heart. My thanks for sharing, friend. The ladies look like they had a lovely time and the collages are beautiful! Have a blessed weekend. Hugs to you!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful time together! Praise God for his Grace!

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a great idea to keep your hands busy while your minds are occupied. Beth Moore is a terrific speaker.

Lady Linda said...

What a great idea to do a little crafty thing along with Beth Moore! Beth Moore is one of my favorites!! I have done almost every study she has written and am just finishing up her one on James. I was blessed to see her speak here in Portland OR a few years back. Fantastic!

Shoregirl said...

Looks like you had a great day -- lovely cards, lovely ladies, and all in a lovely home!

Rachael @ Inking the Heart said...

I love Beth Moore bible studies and the community of women that come together to study. In the past I have been a part of a few of them. The were blessed seasons for me. Great memories posted here! Blessings to you! Love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart