Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sing and Make Music

An angel, a harp and a cross ~ what a beautiful card.  I hope when I get to Heaven, the Lord sees fit to allow me to play the harp with ease.  I think it's one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever heard.  I'm a pianist and love to play, especially the old hymns.  I also love to hear others play the piano.

 
Are you musical?  Can you carry a tune?  Don't fret if you can't ~ did you know when you sing praises to God, your song is sweet to Him even if you sing off key? Sing out loud, sing in your heart, He'll hear you either way.  What better time than Easter to start singing praise. 

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord.  Ephesians 5:19-20.......

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.  Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.  Psalm 100:1-2 

.....sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  Colossians 3:16B

The back of this sweet postcard has a handwritten note which reads Love from Annabelle, Easter 1912.  A beautiful Easter card with a beautiful message postmarked almost 100 years ago. 

Here's another sweet vintage Easter postcard picturing a darling little boy gathering pussy willows.  



Both of these vintage postcard images are from my collection, and I'm offering them free to you.  Click on each of the images for a larger size.  I hope you enjoy them.  Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

  1. These cards are quite beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving a nice message. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, this post actually made me chuckle: you see, I have often jokingly told my family, "In heaven I shall hold concerts." (as everyone knows I have a terrible singing voice- don't even know what a note is). And you, dear Abby, shall play the harp!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.