Monday, May 2, 2011

Children ~ Birthdays ~ Poems ~ Sweet Images

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; 
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them, 
that those who love your name,
may rejoice in you. Psalm 5:11

Well, here it is...the card I made for my daughter's birthday.  I knew she'd really appreciate a hand made card so I couldn't disappoint her.  It didn't take me long to come up with some character qualities to describe her.  She's a delight to me.  There are little bits of her personality sprinkled throughout the card.  

Birthday card I made for my daughter.

We had a small family party for her and a good time was had by all.  My grandson turns 3 the end of the month, and he was a little confused as he thought it was his birthday celebration as well.  In fact, I borrowed cake pans from my daughter to make her birthday cake and my grandson didn't want me to take them because he thought his mama wouldn't be able to make a cake for him.  I assured him, I'd return them in plenty of time for his birthday.  

Speaking of mother's and children.....I wanted to share a couple of poems with you that you might like for mothers of small children.  Don't forget, Mother's Day is this coming Sunday.  I believe the author for this poem below is unknown. 

Each little child God sends our way,
is like a piece of soft, new clay.
Tis ours to mold and shape and trim,
to make it pleasing unto him.

Each little thing we do or say,
makes an impression, day by day,
on every growing mind and heart;
forming a pattern from the start
Oh! What a solemn trust is ours,
how soon we must guard these precious hours!
too soon this clay will be as stone - -
our chance is gone - - our child is grown!

If we but take the time to pray,
and seek God’s guidance every day,
he’ll give us strength and wisdom too;
to help our child grow strong and true.


Sweet Vintage Image for you ~ Free
This next poem is for the adopted baby/mother.

Not flesh of my flesh
nor bone of my bone
but miraculously my own.
Never forget - even for a minute
you weren't born under my heart, but in it.
Author Unknown

Free Vintage Image ~ Little Girl with Violets

Free Vintage Image ~ Lovely Woman with Violets
Have a delightful day dear ones.  I hope you enjoy these free images I'm sharing with you today.  Don't forget to check out my Friday blog giveaway.  You can the click the button on the upper part of my sidebar for more details.







6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! What a treasure your daughter will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet card for your daughter! Beautiful, Abby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I really like the corrugated parts, but even more that you are speaking such love and encouragement to your blessed daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and touching card Abby! I may have to take some hints from you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby~

    Your daughter is so blessed to have you as her mother. And, what a loving card you have made for her. Just beautiful! I'd like to CASE the layout if you don't mind.

    These poems grabbed my heart.
    "too soon this clay will be as stone...

    our chance is gone--
    our child is grown!"

    I am feeling this so deeply, even though Joshua moved out 3 years ago. With his getting ready to go into the Air Force for 4 years, I feel there are a million things that I still have to teach and share with him. And, talk about praying--in your next post...I pray for Josh to be Saved without ceasing...and with most often I have thanksgiving in my heart. I really would like for the Lord to open his eyes to the Truth before he leaves for boot camp. But, it is all in His time. It's a great lesson in patience for me...but my heart gets anxious sometimes. This will be our last Mother's Day together for at least 4 years...I hope I won't be in tears the whole day.

    Thank you for sharing all that you do. I love your blog. Your love of the Lord is so evident! I love how you use express it in art and word!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful Abby and so perfect for the color challenge. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.