Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scripture Thursday ~ Blessings Abound

From the fullness of his grace 
we have all received one blessing after another. 
John 1:16

Happy Thursday, the sun is shining and it's not going to be hot.  There's one of my blessings for the day.  As the Challenge Hostess for Bible Verse Thursday at Christian Paper Crafts, I'm happy to be sharing with you today something I'm very passionate about. 

I am all about looking for blessings every day and encouraging others to do the same. It wasn’t always like that for me, but life has a way of giving us choices to make. We can let our troubles overcome US, or we can choose to overcome THEM. Life is not easy and problems face us every day, some are very serious problems. Whatever the problem…microscopic in size, or as big as a mountain, there ARE blessings to be found every day, all around us. Some days we have to look harder to find them. Here is the first verse of a very popular hymn titled Count Your Blessings:


When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

My sample for today’s challenge is a Blessings Journal. Only the blessings for each day are written in here. I have made countless of these and given them away to encourage others to look for their blessings. Our blessings don’t have to be big; often they come in the smallest ways. Something that causes you to smile during the day is a blessing.


Blessings Journal ~ Sample Project for Bible Verse Thursday
I was driving recently on a quiet road and a beautiful red cardinal flew by me ~ it brought a smile to my face and was recorded in my blessings journal for that day. When I read back through the pages of my journal, just like the hymn says, I AM surprised by the blessings the Lord has brought to me.

Your challenge this week is to make something to record only blessings for the day, either a journal, a box, or other ideas you may have. You can use scripture on the front, or not. Somewhere on your project should be the word “Blessings”.

Here is a link to a blessings box idea by Patter at 
Triple the Scraps ~  Blessings Box

I have been very encouraged by keeping up with my blessings journal and I know you will too. 

I've made a couple of digital graphics for you to get you started on your blessings project if you'd like.  The background is digitally altered from a photograph I took.  You can click on each one for a larger size. 

Free Scripture Graphic for you

Free Graphic for you


Thanks for stopping by today, your comments are some of my day's blessings, and I appreciate each and every one.  Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! You are right, there are blessings every day. One of mine this morning, a wonderful chorus of birds singing outside the window as I entered the kitchen. My husband attached screens and opens the windows as he leaves in the morning so that I can hear the birds as I have my morning coffee. I'm going to work on a Blessings journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate this post and I am working on a project for it...thanks for the digi "freebie" :0)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.