Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Cure for Anxiety


Websters 1828 Dictionary defines ANXIETY as: concern or solicitude respecting some event, future or uncertain, which disturbs the mind, and keeps it in a state of painful uneasiness. it expresses more than uneasiness or disturbance,......

It defines PEACE as:  In a general sense, a state of quiet or tranquility; freedom from disturbance or agitation; applicable to society, to individuals, or to the temper of the mind.

I've had a lot of experience with anxiety over the years. Most of my anxiety has come from thoughts of what "might" happen tomorrow or in the future. The majority of what I'd built up in my mind never even happened. Over the years, as I've gotten older, had more life experience, drawn closer to the Lord, and seen his provisions for me over and over again . . . the PEACE comes more often than the anxiety.



PRAY - ask God to help you overcome this, just as the verse says.   You may need to pray everyday for peace, or situation by situation. I guarantee, the more you pray, the more you read your Bible, the more you seek the Lord, the greater PEACE you will have.

Philippians 4:6-7 are my go to verses for PEACE. I made a pretty graphic with these verses to help us all focus on the PEACE of God which exceeds our understanding.  Feel free to print out, share, or use on your blogs/websites. Read it, memorize it, store it in your heart my friends. Praying for you to have peace today. 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the graphic. I included it today in my own blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, and I like the sign "This House Prays."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything the others said, plus: You hit a homerun for me tonight, girlfriend! Perfect peace. Perfect post. Tnx, Abby. Big hugs, sth - spruce head

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true Abby - thank you for reminding me again that I need to keep my eyes on Jesus, full time!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These have become my favorite verses over the years and how beautifully you have "set" them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This means so much to me during this season I am experiencing. Thank you for ministering to me today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.