Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Help Wanted ~ Encouragers




Help Wanted: Do you have "on the job" experience with trials and suffering; sickness and despair? Has God helped you in those trials? Just like the verse from 2 Corinthians 2:3-4 says, He can use you to encourage and comfort someone else, just ask him how.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
(NKJV)

Elizabeth Prentiss, who wrote the hymn More Love to Thee, O Christ (1856) had this to say about her life: "Much of my experience of life has cost me a great price and I wish to use it for strengthening and comforting other souls."

Don't give up dear ones, keep persevering. 


7 comments:

  1. That is so true. Every trial has taught me something about my Heavenly Father that no one can take away. Lovely post, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved her book, Stepping Heavenward! Someday, I want to pass it on to my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the title you gave this, and the message. Knowing that we can comfort others actually makes our own suffering more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good when we tell a friend our troubles, and it's the same when they share with us. It releases us and frees us - deep down inside.

    Thank you for this lovely reminder. It's important that we carry one another's burdens.

    Blessings to you - for this lovely, inspiring post today! Net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel God gave me card making to bring hope and happiness to others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Abby - that has always been my prayer that what I have been through will be used to benefit others. Truly the Lord can transform suffering into joy.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. The encouragers in my life have been a profound blessing to me and I am so grateful for them. They are like ministering angels. What an honor and privilege to be used by The Lord to be a help for another.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.