Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Faith Over Fear Scripture


A faith over fear verse above to meditate on.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7  




Please pray for America. Never before have we seen this level of turmoil, hardship, and disrespect for those in authority. Pray for our President, leaders, pastors and emergency workers, particularly police officers who risk their lives everyday to keep our communities safe. Pray for families with children. Pray for order to be restored to this country and the freedoms our military fought for to remain as freedoms.

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.
1 Peter 3:12


4 comments:

  1. Hello Abby ... thank you for this lovely post and for your call to prayer. My husband and I pray daily for our nation and it's leaders. I often wake up in the early hours of the morning and have a quiet time with the Lord and I pray that He will send revival to our beloved nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this latest mess began, it made me have that aching feeling we had when Detroit burned and there were riots all over the country. I won a public speaking contest in1968 based on a speech about those riots.

    We also had Viet Nam going on where the media, bless their hearts, showed the soldiers getting blown up on the evening news. Some parents actually got to see their own sons' deaths.

    But that's nothing now because we can watch people die on a regular basis on our own streets. We can listen to the most foul language. We can watch as buildings burn, stores are looted, and bricks are tossed at policemen's heads. Animals. Wild animals behave better. And they wonder why many people turn them off completely. Their behavior speaks so loudly, I can't hear what they're saying.

    Anger, fear, and dismay are a part of my daily life now, This is no way to live. Praying is all that I can do because it is unlikely that I can post and make sense as you have done. God knows, He cares, and He loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear your cry Abby - certainly very uncertain times for you all. Prayers
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certainly praying for all of this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.