Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome

Greetings ~ Welcome to my first ever blog post.  I've been enjoying all the wonderful blogs that others share, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Why "Little Birdie Blessings" you might ask.  Well, I've always loved little birds, they are delicate, innocent, graceful and so sweet to watch and listen to.  The blessings part comes in because I want to encourage others to focus on their blessings.  They are everywhere, sometimes we just need to look a little harder to find them. 

If you like to journal, or even if you dont, try keeping a blessings journal.  Each day look for something to write in it.  Something cute your kids or grandkids said, some solitude you didn't think you'd get that day, sun, waking up to birds chirping, someone else taking out the trash (AND replacing the bag), unconditional love, etc.  Whatever it is jot it down, look back over it from time to time and see that there really are blessings to be found.

Like the hymn says... Count Your Many Blessings
When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

If your life is on screech, slow down long enough to see the blessings of the day.  They are there for you to enjoy.





 

3 comments:

  1. May the Lord bless your endeavor - we certainly need to remember to pause and notice our blessings! Thanks for the reminder.
    hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abby~

    I just read your entire blog! It is wonderful! It is a blessing itself!

    I often suggest that people make a "Gratitude List." The difference between this and a journal, is you write things on it and leave it where you can see it every time you walk by it. And, when you walk by it...you stop and Praise the Lord for each of the items. After a week, most people will find themselves Praising Him with Thanksgiving in their Hearts without writing it down.

    I do love the idea of decorating a journal and making it a keepsake to look back on.

    This blog is incredible! I love how you add Scriptures throughout also! The blog itself is so pretty. You are very talented! I think we should do some blog activities together.

    Remember~
    He IS Able!
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.