Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mother's Day Roses for You

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought you'd enjoy some images that go along with this special day.  Below are some vintage postcards with roses.  I've left one of them blank for you, and the others I've added some sentiments.  You can click on the image for a larger view.





If you're looking for some scripture that would be appropriate for Mother's Day; the classic example is found in Proverbs 31, which describes the virtuous woman.  Here are some excerpts from that chapter.

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks…...She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy...…She is clothed with strength and dignity...…She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...…She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness...…Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her...…Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31 excerpts



You may have noticed on my side bar, I've added a button with code for this blog.  I'm technologically savvy, however this was a mini challenge.  I was very pleased when I accomplished it.  I found a great site here:  Blog Guidebook where there are lots of tutorials for just about anything you need to do blog related. 

I'd appreciate your prayers as I've been sick with a mild case of the flu since Friday, which I believe is now bronchitis.  I have a weakened immune system and don't want this to turn into pneumonia.  Calling the doc today.  Thank you!!

Update, Wed. 4/20:  Doc says no bronchitis, just the same thing that 75% of the people I know have or have had.  Hopefully it stays that way.  Just have to share this with you, it made me smile - - My daughter called me yesterday afternoon to see what the doc had said.  I asked her how she knew I'd been and she said she'd read my blog. 

Your encouraging comments warm my heart and keep me keepin' on here at Little Birdie Blessings.  You dear ones are a huge part of my blessings each day. 


1 comment:

  1. Heloo Abby - I am so sorry that you are not well - you are in my prayers my friend - I will check your Blog for updates! Keep warm and get lots of rest - God bless you!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.