Monday, April 18, 2011

More Pretty Things to Share

Happy Monday!!  I have more things to share with you today.  I'm a thrift store shopper, and am sometimes just delighted by what I find.  Here's one of my recent finds.  I found this tucked in a corner of all the menagerie of books.  I didn't even know something like this existed.  Take a look!!

Filled with beautiful pages of gift wrap ~ NICE!!
I wanted to show you a tote bag I just finished for a friend.  I used three different coordinating fabrics and made an inside pocket.  I use a lot of the bags I've made and always try and add a pocket so I'm not digging at the bottom of the bag for my keys.  A simply made tote, but I think the fabric choices make it more than ordinary. 

A simple tote made for a friend, I used 5 fat quarters for fabric
This vintage Easter postcard below is very pretty with the cross and flowers.  You may not be able to tell, but the original card has a silver luster.  I like the combination of colors.  This image is free for you.  


Here's another free image for you.  This is a real photo postcard of a beautiful woman. I thought her face was lovely and wanted to share with you.  


As I share these pretty things with you today, I'm reminded that when we think of ourselves and the way we look to others; man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.  This scripture below tells us that if we have inner beauty, it is of great worth to God.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment.......Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.  I Peter 3:3-4

Thanks for stopping by today dear ones.


2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Abby, you were right!!! That photos was one of yours!!! Thank you again for it all...I just love your tote bag! I need to sew soon, you know when you get the hankering and need to make something from fabric?? Wishing you an amazing week dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Abby! I do so enjoy your blog and the scripture. Love the tote bag. I keep saying I'm going to make something with all the wonderful fabric I have collected, but just never get around to it. Gorgeous images too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.