Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Birds Upon the Treetops

There's a children's song titled The Birds Upon the Tree Tops.  It's a happy little song that I used to sing with my daughter.  I can hear the birds in the treetops as I type this, singing praises to their creator.   The birds always seem to be the first ones up in the morning, almost as if they are waiting for dawn to make her appearance so they can start singing.  Here's the lyrics to this sweet song.


The birds upon the tree tops sing their song;
The angels chant their chorus all day long;
The flowers in the garden blend their hue,
So why shouldn't I, why shouldn't you praise Him too?

The graphic I'm sharing today comes from a very old book that a friend gave me, it has some wonderful images such as this.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 

Free Scripture Graphic - Click for Larger Image

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, 
neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; 
yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. 
Are ye not much better than they?  
Matthew 6:26 
Free Scripture Graphic - Click for Larger Image
As you can see, I offered you this graphic in blue.  When you print out the image, you can be creative with the paper you choose to print it on, which will give it an entirely different look.



5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog recently and it's a breath of fresh air! I used to sing that little song too when I was little --- need to teach it to my daughter now!
    BTW -- Thanks for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blogs --- really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse and image too! I am so excited to win and look forward to receiving the beautiful post cards from you...thank you for your generosity :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for always posting such inspiring words and beautiful pictures. Your blog certainly is a blessing to your readers. I am so glad that you liked what I did with your goldfinch.

    Cheers, Ali H.
    http://ali-hann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to sing this with my grandmother...it is one of my earliest memories. I need to teach this to my grandchildren this week. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned this song as a toddler from my mother. I couldn't remember all the words. I have been singing what I remember to a baby I watch. Thank- you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.