The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion;
slow to anger, and of great mercy.
I shared a couple of real photo postcards of children with you the other day. Here are a couple more I thought you'd enjoy.
|Free Vintage Postcard of brothers|
|Free vintage postcard of sisters|
Aren't they adorable? As an amateur photographer, I love to capture children, especially candid photos. I found a blog today, with tips for photographing children which might come in handy for you. Photographer's Tips for Interacting with Children.
I've been having some fun with Pinterest as you can see if you've been looking at any of my boards there. I found THE most exciting tip there this week. Now, don't laugh at me, this really worked and I'm happy about it.
I learned that I could free the rollers of my vacuum cleaner with a seam ripper. It really worked, and I'm thrilled that my vacuum cleaner can now be used for the purpose it was intended. If you don't have a white long haired dog like my Sadie, you may not need this technique.
I found a great site called Ministry-To-Children.com where there are tons of ideas for Sunday School, VBS, and at home. Everything is free - Bible lessons, coloring pages, crafts, games, tons of free things to print off their website. Lots of ideas for ways to make learning the Bible fun. It is run by a father of 5 who is a Children's Minister, along with a team of 5 writers. I spent a lot of time there reviewing the lessons and background and I give them a thumbs up.
Here's a few Pinterest tips below.
- Did you know that when you "follow" someone, you can select just specific boards they have that interest you, or select to follow all of them. You can "unfollow" a board without the "pinner" getting a notification.
- You can rearrange your boards in the order you want them to appear.
- When you repin, you can change the comment.
- When you are viewing your boards or pins, if you click on the black "pinterest" in the upper left corner, you can view all the new pins of the people you follow.
- When you pin something from a blog or website, be sure that you link it to the actual post, otherwise others won't be able to easily find the great tutorial you're sharing.
Okay, moving on to another topic. I recently discovered Persnickety Prints and placed my first order with them. They are not your typical photo processing company, but are geared for digital scrappers/artists. My order came at lightening speed and I was thrilled with the quality and the prices.
Here's what I found to be great about their services:
- They offer scrapbook size prints - 6x6, 8x8, 12x12 and so much more. You can't see, but I'm doing a happy dance about that
- You can order 3 1/2" x 5", not many places offer that anymore. The happy dance continues.
- You can order matte, glossy or metallic finish which is a little more expensive but gives the print a very unique look. Also tons of other options such as photo books, cards, postcards and more.
- $5.00 flat rate shipping, I got my prints 2 days after I ordered them online.
- Unlimited photo storage, file sharing, photo editing, free drag and drop templates
- Low prices compared to other online sites.
- Persnickety Blog offers free digital downloads and much more.
I highly recommend them.
Don't forget my 100 follower giveaway which ends Friday, September 30th.
I'm giving away two batches of goodies similar to what you see below ~ lace, buttons, old Christmas postcards, punches from vintage music, and more. You can click on the lady in blue above which will take you to the post on how you could win.
That's all I have for you today my friends. I hope you have a wonderful day.