Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Scripture Thursday ~ Thoughts for the New Year



Happy New Year to you my friends.  God's Word, the Bible, is filled with promises, assurances, and wisdom for us.  It's God's way of speaking to us, a guidebook for our life.  We aren't going to know him better and know His will for our life unless we read it, and spend time with Him in prayer.

I've pulled some of Karen's beautiful WORDart from Papercraft Memories and added them to my vintage images/photography.   A compilation of a few scriptures to think on as we begin another year.  

The verse above is from Psalm 118:8 ~ Oh, how much better to trust in the Lord, than man.  God will NEVER let us down and He ALWAYS keeps His word.

This next scripture graphic features John 16:33 and reminds us that God knows we have trials and tribulation.  He hasn't forgotten us in times of despair. 




In Psalm 3:3, God promises to be a shield for us, a protector. 
He'll lift our head when we can't do it in our own strength.

In Revelation 21:5, God promises to make things NEW. 



And... in 2 Corinthians 5:17, God promises to those who put their trust in Him,
a new life, eternal life.  The former things behind, forgiveness of sin.  A joy like we've never known, contentment, peace, eternal security.



Please join me as we begin 2013 and renew and/or begin your commitment to God by spending daily time in THE book (the Bible) and time in prayer.   I can't promise you a trouble free life, but I can promise you the troubles will be easier to face.  

The graphics in this post today were made using my vintage images/photograpy and Karen's WORDart.  They are free to you to use for personal use or sharing.  Click on each image, right click, and save to your computer.  You can visit her here:
Karen ~ Papercraft Memories

17 comments:

  1. Thank you Abby - these are beautiful graphics, and there is nothing better than starting the year with scripture and prayer.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing Abby. Blessed new year! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby...you are so creative! I love your images and words chosen. Thank you for sharing them and for the encouragement sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh delightful images and scriptures...thank you for sharing that link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have special permission as it says that I can not visit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby, these are all so beautiful! I love everything you create, you have such a gift and your words are so inspiring and uplifting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful digi artwork and exhortation from a lovely lady! Thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord and to encourage others :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Abby, I just had someone sharing Psalm 118 with me today in a conversation, and now just came to your blog and it's posted here too. I always love it when God speaks to us that way. You know as humans, we really do need to be lead by HIM don't we. He has his way of getting through to us. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS ABBY!!! BLESSINGS IN THE NEW YEAR!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the beautiful images & Happy New Year to you!

    Blessings,
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Abby, and thank you for stopping by this week to fellowship with us and share your pretty bits of art. It's always a blessing for me to remember you to the Lord.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is truly a blessing! Thank you for sharing it at WAW. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh ABBY, I ♥ anything vintage, your gorgeous creations are sooo appealing to me.

    Thanks so much, glad I got to come by and see your blog and card.

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first visit to your blog. Your artwork is amazing and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Abby, as usual I get so much encouragement when I visit here. I needed to remember God is my shield. And even in the hard times He lifts my head to look in His eyes--what a difference that makes even in hard situations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year to you too, sweet friend!
    What lovely freebies --- just wish my printer wasn't "on the blink" so I could print some out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.