Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Buried in the Deepest Sea

As far as the east is from the west,
so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:12

In the United States, my home state of Maine is the farthest point East, and California is the farthest point West. 


If you consider the universe, no one knows:
the distance between East and West. 

 It is as far as we can imagine
 and the points never meet.
I don't know about you, but that promise sure makes me feel good.

free for personal use or sharing

God wants us to confess our sins as he tells us in I John 1:9

 If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I John 1:9

This next verse is one of my absolute favorites about sin.  Living near the ocean, I can visualize this in a mighty way.

He will again have compassion on us,
And will subdue our iniquities.
You will cast all our sins
Into the depths of the sea.
Micah 7:19 (NKJV)

God casts our sins into the depths of the sea

There's a song we sing in Sunday School that goes like this:
Gone, gone, gone, gone,
Yes my sins are gone.
Now my soul is free and in my hearts a song.
Buried in the deepest sea
Yes, that's good enough for me
I shall live eternally
Praise God! My sins are g-o-n-e, gone!


Jesus took the punishment for your sins and mine when He died on the cross.  Salvation is a free gift for those who accept it by faith. 

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

Have a wonderful week my friends.  Thanks for stopping by.








Thanks to The Graphics Fairy for some of the graphics used in this post. 
 

11 comments:

  1. Yes, Praise God, We can all be forgiven and move on, begin again, start over. Nothing can separate us from His love. Each day we should feel this freedom and be grateful for His mercy, and "go and sin no more". I think it should make us give the same kind of forgiveness and understanding to others, but sometimes we don't, and we judge and don't love as purely as He loves us.
    I pray that this new year, I will show more grace to those in my life who disappoint and hurt me. Then I will be showing them God's love, through me, and they will see Jesus in me.
    I was singing your little chorus, which I remember from church also, and I was thinking of another one too, " My sins are blotted out, I know" Thanks for reminding me how big God is and that I am forgiven, and worthy of His love! What blessed assurance and peace it gives me!
    I hope you are having a good New Year! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Abby, these are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks Abby.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best news ever! Now if that does not release us from guilt and shame, what can? We are free to have relationship with the Father...oh joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post Abby and so uplifting!Thank you for reminding us of this deep and profound truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Abby - what wonderful news this fallen world needs.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby, these are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abby, you are so sweet to share your insight and wisdom of the Word with all of us. May your territories be widened! Keep on blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images and inspiring thoughts! Love your little spot of encouragement in the big wide blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dear friend, this is such a powerful, wonderful, and amazing message - oh, the grace and love that our God bestows upon us!

    I am always greatly encouraged by this passage of Scripture and I praise the Lord for His mercies for they are new every morning.

    So glad you shared this again :) Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post. I don't think anyone struggles more with feelings of failure and guilt than caregivers, so I've shared the link to this post on my FB caregiving page. Thank you, Abby!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.