Saturday, October 11, 2014

Contentment

Are you truly contented?   I am more contented than I used to be, and have a peace about it, that I haven't always had.  I know that God has a plan for my life, and it's easier to just leave the details to Him.  Contentment is an attitude of joy and peace, despite our circumstances.

Contentment according to Websters 1828 Dictionary is this:
Content; a resting or satisfaction of mind without disquiet




I have learned
in whatsoever state I am,
therewith to be content.
Philippians 4:11



Have a blessed day my friends.


8 comments:

  1. A struggle for me for sure...reminds me of the verse...in there somewhere..."she laughs at the days to come." Guess I've seen too much recently to be able to do that; however, I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is content at times but as humans we do yearn for calm and peaceful times. With faith and trust we can be content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful Bible verse. How Paul could be content in the midst of his circumstances is a lesson to us that God can provide what we cannot achieve. Thanks so much for your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post ministered to me this morning. Content women help men to be content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the words of wisdom.

    D : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful reminder, Abby.

    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one virtue that I am gradually managing to cultivate - but it is a discipline!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one virtue that I am gradually managing to cultivate - but it is a discipline!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.