Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Poem ~ The Wings of Prayer

On the wings of prayer our burdens take flight
And our load of care becomes bearably light,
And our heavy hearts are lifted above
To be healed by the balm of God's wonderful love,
And the tears in our eyes are dried by the hands
Of a loving Father who understands
All of our problems, our fears and despair,
When we take them to Him on the wings of prayer.

~ Helen Steiner Rice ~




Thank you to all who have been praying for Vee (God Will Take Care of You). There are times we want to do more to help a friend in need, and prayer doesn't seem like it's enough. Prayer really is the most beneficial thing we can do to help a friend.

I remember a time in my life, as a young single mother, visiting my next door neighbor with my daughter. My neighbor was an elderly woman with a little dog and a plate of warm cookies always on the table.  She said to me one day, "I pray for you every day". I remember feeling very humbled that she would take her time to pray for me every single day. I've never forgotten that and I'm sure I won't know the total impact of her prayers on my life until we meet again one day in heaven.

Have a blessed day dear ones.



4 comments:

  1. So very sad to hear of the loss of Vee's husband. Lifting her in prayer this morning. I am so very sorry for her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful poem. I remember the feeling I had when someone told me she prayed for me every day. It certainly did make me feel loved. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to keep Vee and her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post on Vee's blog. To say my heart broke hearing the news that her beloved John has passed away, is an understatement. I have followed Vee for almost 6 years and come to think of her as a dear friend and her blog a place I go to reflect on the goodness of life. I loss a daughter six years ago to breast cancer and Vee certainly helped me through a most difficult time. I love her and pray her faith will carry her through as she taught me to do. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.