Thursday, December 22, 2016

25 Days God Given Gifts - Day 22 - HELP

Day 22 ~ Unwrapping the Gift of HELP


My help comes from the LORD, 
the Maker of heaven and earth. 
Psalm 121:2


When my grandson was three years old, he had an expression he used frequently . . "I can do it my own self”.   He of course was adorable and it was cute to see him try.  At times though, he reached a point where intervention was needed.


I tend to think of all those years God watched me “doing it my own self”; cute was not the word that came to His mind.  Oh, the countless times, I prayed about a need. I had it all figured out how God could help me out of a situation. He just needed to come through on His part.  Wasn’t I surprised, when He helped me, but not the way I suggested He should.




“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJV

Since God is ALL knowing, and can see our future laid out in front of Him.  There is none other to trust without reservations for our ultimate help. We just need to ask, according to His will. 

I am very thankful I have a better realization, my help comes from the Lord. Whatever skills, talents or attributes "I" possess, it's only because I'm enabled by God. 





I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2


Thank you dear ones. Praying you have a great week as we countdown to Christmas.You can find this series in the following places:

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Here on this Blog

2 comments:

  1. Well you know how special this one is to me. I know that it will minister to my dear friend. She is very much on my mind these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Abby - again this has struck a chord with me today as DH experiences more pain...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.