Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sharing a Burden with Prayer



Have you ever had a friend call you with a burden they needed to share? I have had such an occasion a number of times this past week. As I reflected back, I have prayed on the phone with three different women in a short span of time.

The first time I recall praying on the phone with someone, was at their request. A friend called me and asked me to pray with her. I was a little apprehensive, but of course didn't refuse her. It turned out to be a blessing for both of us. I'm so happy she asked me to do that as it opened a door for me to step out of my comfortable place and encourage many since that first phone prayer.

Praying with someone, or praying over the phone takes "I'll pray for you" to the next level.  Of the three women who shared their burdens with me this past week, one called specifically for me to pray. With the other two women, I asked them if I could pray on the phone with them. Yes! was the response.

Bear ye one another's burdens,
and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:2


How does one bear another's burden?
  • ask God for wisdom
  • be a good listener
  • keep their confidence
  • pray with them & for them
  • a note of encouragement in the mail
  • text an encouraging scripture
Would you like to be an encourager in your circle of family and friends? Ask God to open opportunities for you, and He will. I guarantee it will be a blessing for both of you.

Have a blessed day my friends.

10 comments:

  1. You are an excellent, calming influence and a seasoned "pray-er." God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your ideas on praying with people and for people. I do always say, "I will pray for you!" when someone shares a need, but I would like to take the next step and ask, "Can I pray with you?" Thanks! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME POST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful ideas and encouragement..thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply understandable. Love it. I wrote it down and sharing this with others and that i got it from you. I praise God for what he shows you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abby. Thank you for this good reminder. Hope you are well! I'm trying to become more active at my blog again. It's a challenge, because we are in the middle of a move, and life sort of went haywire. But I am trying to reconnect with my old blog friends from the early days of blogging. I will try to visit more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this encouragement Abbie - prayer is powerful no matter where or how!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up only praying by myself, except for the prayer before eating and night time prayers. So it has taken me awhile to pray in front of others but like you said it is such a blessing to both as the Lord speaks through us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for being a light unto God. Ephesians 1:18 is a reminder that if we believe unto God our hearts will be flooded with light so we can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need your phone number, ha!

    Love you Abby!

    Melissa~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.