Monday, December 18, 2017

25 Days God Given Gifts - Day 18 - MERCY

Let us then approach God’s 
throne of grace with confidence,
 so that we may receive mercy and find grace 
to help us in our time of need. 
Hebrews 4:16


Mercy withholds the punishment a person justly deserves. Under Old Testament Law, sinners deserved the punishment of eternal separation from God. 

Jesus' death on the cross fulfilled God's demand for justice and allowed God the Father to replace the law with His mercy. God now gives mercy to anyone who believes, through faith, Jesus paid the penalty for their sins. (see John 3:16)

Believing this, allows us to approach God with the ultimate confidence, knowing without a doubt He will help us. We have been pardoned!



Years I spent in vanity and pride,Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died on Calvary.
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary.
~ William Newell, 1895 ~
Hymn - At Calvary


If you'd like to see all the posts in this series so far, you can follow this link:
25 Days of God Given Gifts

This link will take you to a free pdf that goes along with this series.
25 Days God Given Gifts & Scripture 

These images I post are free for personal use, ministry use, or for gifting. Not to be sold. If you share the images on your blog, a link back would be appreciated. Please do not copy my entire posts to your blog. Thank you. 

If you'd like to receive an email each time I post, you can sign up here: 


You can also follow through my facebook page here:Little Birdie Blessings - Facebook

Thank you!


4 comments:

  1. Dear Abby,
    thank you for sharing such loveliness!

    Wishing you the Merriest and Brightest Christmas ever,
    and a New Year filled with Love, Peace and many Blessings,

    XOXO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a timely reminder of the great mercy of God. Where would we be without it - in a place I dread to think of
    May Christmas bring you rich blessings of His love
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. God's mercy is awe-inspiring. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been so encouraged by this series and the lovely graphics that accompany the truth you are sharing. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.