Monday, December 30, 2019

A Hymn of TRUST





Hello friends. I have a wonderful old hymn to share with you today. As we move into a new year on our calendar, let's choose to TRUST more, and worry less. The title of this hymn "Trusting Jesus, That is All". No matter our circumstances, or the causes of our stress, we can TRUST in the Lord Jesus. There is no problem He can't handle. Ask Him to help you. Has He helped you before? He will do it again.

We read in Proverbs 3:5-6 to:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Here's the lyrics to this comforting hymn which was first published as a poem and later set to music.

Simply trusting every day,

Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

chorus:
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate’er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Brightly doth His Spirit shine
Into this poor heart of mine;
While He leads I cannot fall;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Singing if my way is clear,
Praying if the path be drear;
If in danger for Him call;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Trusting Him while life shall last,
Trusting Him till earth be past;
Till within the jasper wall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Edgar Stites, 1876




The graphics in this post are free to you for personal use. Just click on image for largest size and save to your computer or device. 




8 comments:

  1. I was blessed by your post today. Simply Trusting in Jesus! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new one for me. I enlarged the graphic and took it to the piano to hear the melody. (I can read music, but I had made a mistake so it was easier to play it over singing it.) I especially like the thought “Even when my faith is small...” Yes, most especially when faith is small. Some fall into a backslidden condition by saying, “I’ve blown it. There’s no use.” Wrong thinking. Christ is The One Who holds us, not we ourselves. Thank you for introducing a new to me hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these beautiful graphics and the words of encouragement. A good way to start the New Year! May God bless you in the New Year and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful words Abby - thank you for sharing, and for the graphics.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post Abby, trusting in Jesus, what a beautiful theme! Thank you as always for the graphics! Happy New Year to you! I'm praying that the New Year ushers in abundant blessings of the Lord into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice and timely hymn. Thank you for sharing it. A wise woman once told me to never place all of my trust in things that can change. God's love alone remains constant. Happy 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby, this is wonderful!!! TRUST has been a repeating word in my prayer life in 2019 and I know it will continue into 2020. I hope you have a blessed and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has always been a favorite hymn of mine. It is illustrated so beautifully. Thank you for sharing this faith lesson with us all today. Your work is always s blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.