Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Cure for Nervousness, Exhaustion & Tired Brain

In the 1800's, Horsford's Acid Phosphate claimed to be a cure for many things, including indigestion, nervousness, exhaustion, tired brain, seasickness and night sweats.  Wow!!  Wouldn't you want to buy a bottle of this tonic if you thought it would relieve these symptoms.  I sure would. 



Here's my favorite claim which helps nervousness & exhaustion.  I'm not sure what it all means, but it sounds good:  Acid Phosphate supplies the waste of phosphates caused by every mental and physical exertion, imparting new energy, increasing the intellectual and physical power, and is an agreeable and beneficial food and tonic for the brain and nerves.  


 

The paper advertising of the 1800's was done SO beautifully.  This particiular piece is dated 1896 and is in my collection of vintage paper.  I'm offering it free to you today.  It is a small folder and I've broken it down into sections so you'd have a choice as to which images you want to use.  I removed the words off the girl so you'd be able to use her alone.  Remember to click on each image for a larger view.

Obviously, this is not something sold today, but you can probably relate to why it would have been so popular in it's day.  I'm the queen of anxiety, nervousness, and a tired brain ~ thankfully I have the promise of this scripture to help me.   
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I Peter 5:7.  

I've added this scripture to the girl below as a reminder there is help for our anxiety.  


All the images in this post are free to you today.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Your comments make me happy, and I read every one.  Have a blessed day.



7 comments:

  1. Kind as always by sharing your beautiful images. Thank you Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are lovely..you are generous. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I think I would stick to Scripture too! I can just imagine this man rolling into town with his horse and cart and setting up a box and selling on the street corner! (Thanks to Gunsmoke and Bonanza) The images are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are just beautiful! The one of the little girl I might just incorporate into a collage. Wonder if the beauty of the labels helped to sell the product? - I bet so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image and I love how you've transformed her. I think I'll trust God's Word and His promises, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abby, wow such pretty images, thank you for typing out about the phosphate, interesting! I love how you added the scripture to the little girl, one of my favorite scriptures!!

    I hope you're doing well, hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby, your blog is always such a beautiful place to be. Love the peace that abide here!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.