Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our Dwelling Place ~ Bible Verse Thursday

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!
Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young, a place near your altar,
Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
Psalm 84:1,3

Our dwelling place, our home! A place where we feel safe, secure, sheltered. My daughter, son-in-law and their two little boys moved into a brand new home this month. A very exciting time for them and for those of us that love them. My husband and I had an opportunity two years ago to move into the church parsonage. A home where I feel very content.


This scripture refers to the sparrows and swallows nesting near God’s altar. A place where they could find refuge and peace. What better place could there be for them?

If you’re trusting in Jesus as your Savior, He will dwell in your heart. No matter where you make your earthly home, He is with you. As I wait for God to finish his plan for me on this earth, I also have the assurance that He has a heavenly home waiting for me, where I will dwell with Him forever. Here's the chorus of a song that says it well.

 
I’ve got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where, we’ll never grow old
And some day yonder, we will never more wander,
But walk the streets that are purest gold

  
Your challenge this week is to make a project using Psalm 84:3 or another scripture following the theme of our dwelling place. My project is a housewarming card for my daughter and son-in-law. 
Ways to participate:
  • When uploading to other online galleries, please use the keyword CPC-BVT121.  

I am linking this to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.  Their challenge was to make a card using a new technique.  I actually have never used glitter before and tried it on this card.  SU Dazzling Diamonds is on the birds nest, and I used SU Crystal Effects on the house. 

Thanks for stopping by my friends.  Have a wonderful day and I pray you are okay after the effects of the earthquake, and will be safe from the pending hurricane. 


2 comments:

  1. Adorable card. I just made one for a friend who moved. Used birds, too. I love how you used glitter in the nest. I wish I would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and happy card this is...perfect for a housewarming! I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.