Monday, January 14, 2013

The Little Things & Freebies for You


If you have eased some aching heart today,
Or helped to carry burdens not your own;
If you have spoken kindly by the way,
Or in some darkened household comfort sown,
You need not say this day has been in vain;
But wait for earth's tomorrow with a smile,
For you may carry joy where there is pain:
The little things in life are those worth while.

~ unknown author, on postcard below ~











How can we be kind today?  How can we do a little thing that might encourage someone else? 
 a phone call
a card in the mail
praying for someone and letting them know 
a word of encouragement
a small gift
a meal

What may seem small to you, could be significant to the recipient.


And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another,
even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32

Have a wonderful day friends, thanks for stopping by.  Leave me a comment if you would, and let me know how you've been encouraged by others, or ideas for encouraging.   The vintage graphics in this post are free to you.

Linked to: Sharing the Shelter
Free Pretty Things for You
Monday's Musings

16 comments:

  1. Love these sweet Abby!!!! I hope you are doing so good dear friend, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas for shoring someone up! It really is all about the little things. I snagged this one for Pinterest and even managed to create a special folder for it. I'm getting very Pinterest savvy now...ha! Right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I've always loved this poem and paired with a beautiful graphic, it's just wonderful. Thank you so much for the encouragement you provide for us through this sweet blog. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog encourages me! Thank you for posting the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A post that resonates with my heart. I do have some cards to get out and Wednesday a meal for a sweet new mother and father. Love the little ones card and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so grateful I found your blog. Thank you for your ministry.

    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the sweet reminder...it is the little things that mean the most indeed.....blessings dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to make cards to encourage! Writing a note! Just touching base sometimes means so much to me when someone does it for me & when I do it for others...! Or make them something special in my kitchen!

    Thanks for the LOVELY graphics Abby! SOOO PRETTY!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kindness, the miracle worker, especially when done in His name!
    Thank you Abby for yet another inspiring moment!
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your words are an encouragement thanks Abby - I find giving time is often an amazing encouragement to the recipient.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abby, so beautiful! I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVELY WORDS AND INSPIRING. YES I HAVE GROWN TO BE GOOD! ALAS..AS MUCH AS I CAN IN MY LIFETIME, BUT THERE ARE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT BEFORE AM CALLED TO SEE MY FATHER.
    THANKS FOR THE POST AND SWEET BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thing in life get so busy, that I often forget that all the little things that I do matter a lot to those that are the recipient of them. It has been a goal of mine lately to do all for the glory of the Lord, and thank you for the reminder that it's not just big things we do for the Lord that get noticed, but all the little ones as well!
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your blog, I have found it few minutes ago!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abby, I always see your new posts in my sidebar since I have you in my blogroll. But I've also followed you by email for years. I've been going through my inbox and just came upon this post. What an encouragement! Thank you for sharing these ways we can be a blessing to others. And I love the poem. Well worth sharing! Thanks so much -- finding this is a great reminder how the Lord can use even older posts to be an encouragement to someone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.