Sunday, August 2, 2015

Message in a Buttercup




As a child I would often pick buttercups and hold them under the chins of my friends, and ask them to do the same to me. It was said, if you could see yellow under the chin, you liked butter.  Of course there was yellow every time under our chins, not because we liked butter, but because the petals are reflective of light.  


The buttercup is a delicate flower whose light is always shining, despite being fragile. The light of the petals continues to shine through cloudy days and rainstorms. I'm reminded of  2 Corinthians 12:9-10. Despite any circumstances that cause us to be weak, God's GRACE is enough for us to carry on. He gives us the strength we need to keep our lights from ceasing to shine.  



Of this you can be sure: the loving heart of God is sufficient to meet your needs. Whatever dangers you may face, whatever heartbreaks you must endure, God is with you, and He stands ready to comfort you and to heal you.
~ 100 Days of Grace for Women ~

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


Blessings to you today dear ones.  



4 comments:

  1. Sweet post, and we did the same thing as kids, sometimes using dandelions. Of course, as I grew up in Wisconsin, the dairy state, we all liked butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Abby. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbie this is simply gorgeous - and what wise words too - we too here in New Zealand used to play the buttercup game :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abigail, I found your blog several months ago, and come back to it often, and yet have never commented before. I just wanted to tell you today what a blessing you are.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.