Monday, August 29, 2016

Hymn - I Know Who Holds Tomorrow




It's so comforting to know the God who literally holds the world in His hands, holds our tomorrows as well. 

"I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"
 by Ira Stanphill

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Ev'ry step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;
Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eyes,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.

I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood.

Chorus
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.


Scripture to Read: Matthew 6:25-34


Have a blessed day my friends.



   

9 comments:

  1. Abby, how amazing this is. My attention was drawn to this hymn only yesterday. Many years ago, my three children sang this as a special number several times.

    Just yesterday my hubby and I were talking on the way to church about the uncertain, confusing times we are living in. He picked this hymn as one of the songs to sing in Sunday School yesterday, and I actually chose it as a favorite in our afternoon service as well. It was so good to be reminded of this meaningful hymn!

    I had actually thought of writing a blog post about it, and even thought to myself, "I don't think Abby has ever done a post about this hymn." Well, now you have! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are reassuring words about "the one who feeds the sparrow". Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved that hymn, Abby. I repeat it when so I can face each day when things don't go just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I had a little songtime by myself... A great hymn that I have loved for years and years. Hymnwriters are so good (or the Holy Spirit is so good at giving the inspiration) at getting to the crux of a matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I remember singing that song in church when I was a little girl. Blessings, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a hymn that I am familiar with Abby, but beautiful words. Thank you for posting this
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always love the words to this hymn. They are so very comforting and give such peace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful and comforting hymn. I am so thankful to rest in the Lord and it's truly a blessing to know He does indeed hold tomorrow.

    Love and hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the sweet ladies at my church asks for this hymn when we have "favorites" in the evening service. I love the way you feature hymns in your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.