Saturday, December 24, 2016

25 Days God Given Gifts ~ Day 24 ETERNAL LIFE

Day 24 ~ Unwrapping the Gift of:
ETERNAL LIFE



For God so loved the world
 that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him
 shall not perish but have eternal life. 

 John 3:16

ETERNAL LIFE ~ Living forever and ever. As my grandson would say "to infinity and beyond". 

Webster's Dictionary defines ETERNAL as:
having infinite duration
characterized by abiding fellowship with God
continued without intermission - perpetual
existing at all times - timeless



Eternal life is available to any who believe in Jesus as their Savior, just as the verse says. It is free for the taking, there is nothing one can do to earn it. 

My dear aunt passed away this week and I know without a doubt she is with her Lord in Heaven. She is also reunited with ones she held very dear in her lifetime. How do I know this? Because she expressed to me that she believed in Jesus and knew when she died, she'd be in heaven with Him.

She was blind later on in years, and on this very day her vision is clearer than she ever thought possible. Blind hymn-writer Fanny Crosby said: When I get to heaven, the first face that shall ever gladden my sight will be that of my Savior! 

One of Fanny's later hymns as she aged, gives us a glimpse into her thoughts as she came closer to stepping into Eternal Life. This is titled My Savior First of All, here is the first verse and chorus.

When my lifework is ended and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see, 
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
I shall know Him, I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand! 
I shall know Him, I shall know Him
By the print of the nails in His hand.


Dear ones, don't miss out... tomorrow is not promised for any of us. If you should die tonight or tomorrow, do you know where you'll spend eternity? You don't have to "clean up" to come to Jesus, He asks for you to come as you are. 

There's a poem by Christina Rossetti, which I've heard to music:

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him; give my heart.

You can find a couple different places on my blog if you want to read more, just click on the links below:

ETERNAL DESTINATION

1 comment:

  1. That was very nice. Donna is a talented poet and I grinned to see Mr. Moore show up, too! Spending a very quiet Christmas Eve after having a number of visitors today, which was lovely. I'm going to watch a movie and spend some time reading the Christmas Story and go to bed early.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.