Tuesday, December 6, 2016

25 Days God Given Gifts ~ Day 6

25 Days of God Given Gifts

Day 6 - unwrapping the gift of 

   WISDOM


If any of you lacks wisdom,
you should ask God,
who gives generously to all without finding fault,
 and it will be given to you. James 1:5



James 1:5 tells us if we don’t have wisdom, and ask God in faith, He’ll give it to us generously.  Knowing God through His word, the Bible, is biblical wisdom.

God will reveal truth and understanding to us through his word, if we seek it. 
We speak to God through prayer, God answers us through His word. The Bible is God’s letters to us.  

When my grandson was a preschooler, I remember pushing him around a store in a shopping cart. He sang without reservation:

The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes, that’s the book for me,
I stand alone on the Word of God,
The B-I-B-L-E.

I actually can remember his mother (my daughter) doing the same thing at that age. He sang that song over and over using different intonations each time he sang it. I never grew tired of hearing his little voice sing.

It's never too early to start reading the Bible to children, and it's never too late to start reading one as an adult. If you don't know where to start, read in the New Testament - Matthew, Mark Luke and John, known as the four Gospels.

Thanks for following this series. I wanted to show you a bulletin board idea using the 25 Days of God Given Gifts. This was designed and made by one of the moms in the Christian School where I volunteer.


Advent Bulletin Board - 25 Days of God Given Gifts


It was made using square paper plates, covered in wrapping paper. The side that didn't show the wrapping was numbered 1-25. Each day's gift was printed 8x8 (photo paper gives the best clarity) and adhered to the other side of the plate. Each day a student flips the square to reveal the gift.  The 25th, Christmas Day is revealed to the right of the bulletin board.

Thanks for following this series. I hope you're enjoying it.

5 comments:

  1. I definitely need wisdom to manage all the things I need to get done in a short period of time.
    Blessings on your day, Abby.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh in from scooping the driveway and this was my reward for a job done! Really, I look forward to seeing the new message/gift each day. The bulletin board is so nice and I hope that the class is really enjoying their gifts. Who of us can afford to buy what God so freely gives? Have a good day, Abby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea that bulletin board is! Having a student flip over the gift each day ... they must look forward to that so much. I know that my kids would have at that age. And what a good way for them to see in a visual way the gifts that are theirs with salvation.

    Am enjoying this series so much, Abby. Thanks for all of the work that went into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these words for the day Abby, and what a clever way to use them!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've prayed that verse back to God so many times - and every time He answered. Not always immediately, but the answer came!
    Love the bulletin board idea -- very creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.