Wednesday, December 7, 2016

25 Days God Given Gifts ~ Day 7



Unwrapping the gift of:
PRAYER


Do not be anxious about anything,
 but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving,
 present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6


George Muller: (1805 – 1898), a Christian evangelist and Director of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, cared for over 10,000 orphans in his life. He was well known for providing an education to the children under his care.   He also established 117 schools which offered Christian education to over 120,000 children, many of them being orphans. He did this without asking for any money. God provided the needs. 

George was one of the greatest prayer warriors, history has known. His complete and total dependence on God was not for just for his own personal provisions, but for thousands of children he housed and educated over the years. 

God ALWAYS answers our prayers, it may not be as we want Him to, but remember he is ALL knowing, He knows what is best for us.

If God answers your prayer right away, be thankful; if it’s denied, be patient; if we are to wait, then wait with expectation as the scripture says. (Psalm 5:3)




Be assured, if you walk with Him 
and look to Him, 
and expect help from Him, 
He will never fail you.
~George Muller~

I found this prayer acronym among the notes of my husband’s dear grandmother:

P – Praise
R – Remembering
A – Asking
Y – Yielding
E – Expecting 
R – Receiving



I'd like to show you a couple of ways my friends are using the graphics in this series.

My friend Vee has them hanging as ornaments on her Christmas tree. I really like this idea.  You can visit her here: A Haven For Vee



A Haven for Vee

My friend Allison has the gifts displayed on a piece of string using clothespins. Notice the JOY banner in the window. How lovely is this:



Thank you dear ones for following this Advent series.
A new post every day until Christmas. Have a blessed rest of the week.


4 comments:

  1. Abby, this is the second year I have used the "25 God-Given Gifts" as my advent devotional. It is so meaningful to me, and I like just reading and meditating on a verse or two. I've copied the prayer note into my journal. Thank you for once again blessing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Allison's way of creating a swag or banner for the Advent calendar...very cozy and not as busy as in the tree. Still, I love to read them and do daily. Well, of course! So so so excited about I shall not say, but you know. 😊 Believe you me, I am praying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Abby this is wonderful - I have just read George Muller's Autobiography and was so encouraged by it. Thank you so much for these gorgeous graphics.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably one of my favorite gifts so far -- "What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer!"
    Love the creative ways to use your beautiful graphics as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.