Sunday, April 16, 2017

Resurrection Day

He is Risen!
He is Risen Indeed! 


But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.  And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead,  Matthew 28:5-7a 

The hymn Christ the Lord is Risen Today was written around 1739 by Charles Wesley, a famous hymn-writer.  All these years later, it is one of the most popular Easter hymns in the English language.   

Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!


I trust you will be blessed as you celebrate this Resurrection Day!
Jesus is ALIVE!

~ ABBY ~ 

3 comments:

  1. My dearest Abby,
    thanks most sincerely for your cards and for your Easter Greetings,
    may your Easter too be blessed with Joy, Wonder and Peace !

    XOXO Daniela at - My little old world - (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alleluia! I am blessed. Every heartache pales in comparison to all that we celebrate today. What a Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to give you a gentle *poke* on general principle. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.