Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scripture Thursday ~ Strength Renewed

Compliments of A Haven for Vee

But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31


Have you ever longed to be recharged?


We’re promised in God’s word if we're waiting, and trusting in Him; He will renew our strength.

God compares the renewed strength to wings of eagles. The Eagle is one of the strongest birds in the world. They have a wingspan of 5-7 feet, can expand and contract their wings and appear to be flying effortlessly, even in hurricane force winds.


Scripture Graphic ~ Free for Personal Use or Sharing
Click for larger size.



We all in one way or another can relate to this verse; when you feel like you’re running on empty, when the storms of life hit you and you just can’t go on.


God can become your power to renew, refresh, and recharge you.
Compliments of A Haven For Vee

I have clung to this verse many times throughout my life and am so thankful for this promise. I encourage you to memorize this, hide God’s word in your heart and you’ll take it with you wherever you go.

My friend Vee, who blogs at A Haven For Vee recently had the opportunity to photograph a bald eagle.  You can read about her experience in two of her posts.

Bald Eagle ~ A Haven for Vee

Isaiah 40 ~ A Haven for Vee

Thank you Vee for letting me use your amazing photos in today's Scripture Thursday.  A perfect fit.

Here is a scrapbook page I made some time ago featuring Isaiah 40:31, using stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs




I found some lyrics to a hymn I'd never heard of. 
Written by R. Deane Postlethwaite.   It seems to go well with today's theme. 


The care the eagle gives her young, safe in her lofty nest,
is like the tender love of God for us made manifest.

As when the time to venture comes, she stirs them out to flight,
so we are pressed to boldly try, to strive for daring height.

And if we flutter helplessly, as fledgling eagles fall,
beneath us lift God's mighty wings to bear us, one and all.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope this post has been an encouragement to you.  

This post is linked to:






13 comments:

  1. I love this verse...it carries special meaning to me. I enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Abby, thank you. It has been an encouragement to me today

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby I really needed this today. Thanks so much for honoring God with your beautiful writings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love this verse, and have read and claimed it many times.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement - I need to write it on my heart today : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby, I love that verse in the Bible (Is. 40:31) and I'm so glad God keeps his promises!
    Love your scrapbook page too ---

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely, Abby. Your art work is a wonderful complement to the Scriptures you've selected. Thank you for the link love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your post today. This verse is the one that I have hung on to through good times and bad. It definitely was an encouragment today...thanks so much for all you do to encourage us daily. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this Abby. You are again in perfect timing and brought tears to my eyes. Thanks so much for the encouragement. :o) Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Vee's photos. To even SEE a bald eagles is a treat, but to get those incredible photos and watch him take flight really puts that verse into its context. Yes, God does give us that ability to be free from our sin - what a gift! Thanks for sharing this Abby. I've had a heavy heart the past week or so, as we deal with our daughter's broken heart. Thanks for being such a source of encouragment. You are such a blessing to me. If you would say a prayer for Andrea - she really needs to hear from God for direction and healing. Thanks so much, and thanks for sharing with us in this week's challenge. I praise God for your sweet friendship.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Abby - this verse has been resonating around me for days :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Abby linked over to this passage on my latest post what a great consolation this is.. love Shaz in Oz.x
    http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/illuminated-calligraphy-who-or-what-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abby, These are so lovely and the scriptures are SO powerful. I am so glad you shared them with everyone at Deep roots...I am encouraged that we Can do all things as Christ strengthens us! When we are weak, then He is strong!!
    I LOVE your special blog :)
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.