Monday, August 24, 2015

Thoughts that Feed our Souls


The things we think
are the things that feed our souls.
 If we think on pure and lovely things, 
we shall grow pure and lovely like them;
 and the converse is equally true. 
~ Hannah Whitall Smith ~ 





The above quote by Hannah Whitall Smith and the verse from Philippians 4:8 are a perfect combination to help us keep our thoughts focused away from negativity that we don't even know to be true. I'm pretty good at creating scenarios in my mind that haven't even happened. This little post has helped me today, and I pray it helps you as well. 

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:8 NKJV

Many blessings to you on this day.


7 comments:

  1. A beautiful and encouraging post that is sure to bless many, many hearts...I was richly blessed, my friend. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, you really hit the mark for me today with this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite Scriptures and is good to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Abby - that is the second time I have seen the scripture today, so Will print it out and memorize it - I think I may be getting a message here :-). A similar quote is "As a man thinks, so he is!" (Prv 23:7)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, our imaginations can run off with us sometimes. I wrote that verse on my living room walls once upon a time in just such a moment. The Lord has always seen me through. I have no reason to believe that He will fail me now, yet I am as tempted to fret as the most fearful of persons. A precious word, Abby. Always timely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Philippians verse is one that my prayer partner and I memorized, it is a good one to keep in your mind at all times that's for sure, to not let in any of the negativity take hold in our minds.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.