Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hard-Pressed but not Crushed



This verse above (2 Corinthians 4:8-9), seems to sum up what I certainly cannot put into words. There is no doubt we are living in troubled times. If you have access to any type of news media, you know what I'm talking about.

Even if you're not personally affected by the tragedies we're hearing about in the news, there are many struggles within most of our circles of family and friends.

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—  
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

I hope you are encouraged by these verses. God's word, the Bible, is the greatest tangible piece of encouragement you can access. It's His way of communicating with us. We communicate with God through prayer, He communicates to us through His word, the Bible.  Pick it up and start reading - If you don't know where to start, read the book of John, then read it again. 




Keep looking up, HOPE is within our grasp. 

You can find me on facebook here: Little Birdie Blessings Facebook where I post daily.

If you're receiving this via email, you can find my blog here: Little Birdie Blessings Blog



linked to: What Joy is Mine, 

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like reading The Word! Always some treasure to find...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we must keep looking up because our Lord is always looking down upon us and there is indeed HOPE in Him. Thank you for this wonderful post, my friend. It was greatly encouraging.

    You have been in my thoughts for quite a while...I hope you are well and enjoying your summer. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse certainly says it plainly, Abby, but your encouraging and inspiring words touch the heart strings.
    Beautiful, God honoring post, thank you.

    Enjoy your day in all it's glory~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those verses are encouraging. I love reading his word every day, and throughout the day. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God he is ion control - if I did not know that I would despair!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great verse memorize at this time..thanks Abby!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.