Thursday, January 24, 2019

Surprising Thoughts on Prayer




I found a post-it note on my husband's desk - one of many he'd written in tiny handwriting. This one was about prayer and certainly gave me much to ponder. Here's what he wrote:

Have you ever thought of all the people in the world, who are praying at the same time in hundreds, possibly thousands of languages and dialects? God hears every prayer. He not only hears the prayers, He remembers every word of each prayer. The number of prayers God has heard since Adam & Eve is as the number of the grains of sand by the sea.

That in itself is remarkable, yet to further astound us is the fact He has remembered every word that has ever been spoken by anyone. He knows all the words we will ever speak. We serve an awesome, omniscient God with unlimited abilities.

The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,
To all who call upon Him in truth.
Psalm 145:18



Save the graphic if you'd like and print out. A pretty reminder to PRAY about everything. Tuck it in a card for a friend, use for your ladies at church. Lots of possibilities. Not for commercial use.

If you're on Facebook or Instagram, and you enjoy my blog, you may want to follow me at either of those sites. I usually post twice a day on facebook, and on Instagram, I share various projects I've made or things that make me happy. You can find me here:

Facebook
Instagram




This post is linked to Word Art Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Abby, these thoughts on prayer and every word we have ever spoken are comforting and also a bit scary. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable unto Thee, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have actually thought this very thing. There was an old tv program that, I believe, aired on Sunday mornings. It was called “Lamp Unto My Feet.” The opening began with a universe of darkness and one candle being lit. A voice said, “It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.” There were various teachings and even skits. One time, they portrayed the angels sitting around a massive “ control board” with mumblings and prayers coming in on some celestial sound system. The prayers were often not in agreement leading me to presume that God would have a difficult time unscrambling them or of knowing which to answer. My major takeway that day was that it wasn’t easy to be God. Impressionable little mind of mine. So I have thought of this throughout my life. Course now I know that God is loving, wise, and not in the least confused. He understands us even when we don’t understand ourselves. I imagine that you are too young to remember such a program since I was only a child myself. Perhaps Bill remembers, not that it is at all important. I wonder if God treasures our prayers as He does our tears? Oh my. Too much thinking for a Thursday morning.

    ♥️ I love blogs. More than Instagram and more than Facebook, but then you know that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd be excited to see this, and no, Bill doesn't remember the program.

      Delete

  3. Wonderful post this morning, Abby! What a blessing to consider this .. and yes, as Barbara mentioned, a bit sobering to be reminded that God knows every word that we speak. "For there is not a word in my tongue, but lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether." (Psalm 139:4)

    And the "Pray" graphic is simply beautiful. I will be using this one for sure! Thanks for your kind generosity in sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mind is limited.
    Our God is unlimited.
    Praise Him.
    Thank you for this precious reminder.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.