Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Friend Loveth at all Times

I'm offering this scripture in the pretty floral frame free to you for your personal use.  With Valentine's day approaching , it's a day not only for romance, but to acknowledge those we love and care about.   As some of you know from my last post, I'm recovering from surgery.  This scripture has never been more real to me than at this time.   A friend asked me to make a graphic using this scripture, as it was personal to her.  Little did I know at the time, how important it would be to me. 

I am totally amazed at the outpouring of love on my behalf from friends and family before my surgery and after.  There were so many people praying for me that I could actually feel it as I approached surgery.  I am so touched and humbled by the phone calls, emails, visits, cards, gifts, meals, and most of all prayers.  

I've always been one to send a card, or reach out in ways that I could, but I can tell you that being on the receiving end is SO rewarding and appreciated.   Are you wondering how to help someone who is sick or going through a difficult time?  Pray for them, send a card, cook something for them.  What are your talents?  Use them to help someone in need.  In 1 Peter 4:10 we're told:   Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.  

I would appreciate your prayers of healing for my sister Debbie who had surgery three months ago and had major complications.  Thank you to all who have had a part in my recovery.  I am doing well and even went on an outing yesterday to the town library (thanks Judy).  

Here's a few pictures of some of the cheery flowers I received.   

3 comments:

  1. Abby, so glad you are feeling up to going out!! Even in this cold!! You brave girl ;-)
    Your flowers are so pretty! What a pretty frame and beautiful scripture for Valentines day! You are always so thoughtful.
    xxoo Cyber hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful graphic, and thanks for the reminder to used whatever gifts we have been given for the encouragement of others--good word! I am so glad that you are recuperating well :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby,

    Your Valentine's cards are amazing! I love what you did with Proverbs 17:17! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talent.

    You are a dear friend, and I am so glad you are starting to get around again!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.